Thursday, 30 June 2011
Faves of 2011 (so far) ~ The scenes and the Random
1. best first chapter ~ I just started I Know it’s Over and ~ whoa! ~ what a first chapter. Also loved Before I Fall
2. best climax ~ Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John, very rock and roll 😀
3. best ending ~ The Demon’s Surrender by Sarah Ress Brennan – everyone where they should be,
happy sigh, but no perfect bow HEA <3
4. best plot twist/revelation (no spoilers!) ~ The Queen of Attiolia – Jaw dropped! Not once but twice! Good lord the twisty turns of these books.
5. scariest/most disturbing scene ~ ah I can’t say it’s such a spoiler if you haven’t read the books. But I was shellshocked, shellshocked. The Demon’s Surrender also had some disturbing moment, which made you think about the nature good and evil.
6. steamiest scene (or sweetest/sexiest kiss award) ~ Sweetest kiss ~ Robin and Sophie in What my Mother Doesn’t Know by Sonja Sones. Sexist ~ Piper and Ed in Five Flavors of Dumb.
7. best swoon-worthy moment ~ Sin and Alan – swooning until I’m nothing but a little puddle of swoonyness on the floor.
8. biggest nail-biting moment ~ most of Divergent. Gah people jumping off things is terrifying to me.
9. most hilarious scene ~ The Demon’s Surrender had lots of brilliant one liners. What Alice Forgot has some brilliant scenes and (this is a cheat as it was a re-read) but The Year of Secret Assignments just kills me ~ my ultimate put a smile on your face book.
10. most heart-breaking/tear-jerker moment ~ The Demon’s Surrender “I missed you!” ~ had me in floods. The End of How I Live Now was completely heatbreaking
1. fave first sentence ~ Slight cheat here as it is the last two sentences of the first chapter
2. fave book title ~ What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
3. fave reading experience (ie: created a great reading memory) ~ How I Live Now ~ sofa, chocolate, hot tea, rain pounding the windows up till 1am because I couldn’t stop.
4. book with the best food in it (made me so crazy-envious-hungry) ~ Those rolls in What Happened to Goodbye sound amazing.
5. book with the most sensual weather (made you shiver/sweat) ~ Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
6. most embarrassing book cover (feeling sheepish in public) ~ Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead 🙂
7. can’t believe you waited this long to read the book (!) ~ How I Live Now and The Queen’s
Thief series. if you have not read them, well good grief you are in for a treat!!!
I had so much fun doing these list and my TBR pile has swelled enormously. Thanks to Nomes for hosting and to all of you for commenting (<3 comments) and recommending such great books. I’m looking forward to making a whole list in 2011, when hopefully I’ll have a few more contenders (sorry for the repeats, well not really as I did love those books) 😀
sorry for no photos, blogger won’t upload 🙁
Yay for Five Flavors of Dumb <3
I had so much fun making these lists, even though I had trouble with some of the categories. The lists at the end of the year are going to be crazy!
OMG the "I missed you" part!!! OMGGGG I swear I was the only one crying but I guess I'm not! 😀
Ahhhh Alan and SIn *swooooooon* ALAN RYVES <333 I need a emoticon for the infinite hearts I want to give that boy.
I love the first sentece to How I live Now as well 😉 great choice!
love your list! and the TDS love 🙂
I love that steamy scene between Ed and Piper making coffee. Definitely one of the best kissing scenes.
And I really need to read The Demon Surrender series. I have the first book so just need to move it up the stack.
Awesome list 🙂
youre reading a ck kelly martin (!) i am in love with her <3
and LOL choosing before i fall as best first chapter, haha. it's like, 50 pages long or something LOL
confession: i didn't love the thief :/ i was bored for the first half even though it was well written BUT you are seriously making me want to keep going with the series …
LOVE the moriarty shout-out 🙂
LOVE your fave reading experience. that's the perfect way to spend your time 🙂
Jess ~ It was great wasn't it 😀
Audrey ~ It totally destroyed me that scene. I have serious TEABS for that series. i just want to talk and talk about it. Alan! Nick! Mae! Jamie! Sin! Seb! I can't bare that it's over.
Nic – Oh me too, I could totally see that. You MUST read The Demon's Lexicon it is an amazing series. I think you ill love it. Plus I want you to do book boyfriends for Alan and Nick, so I can see the amazing photos you come up with 🙂
Nomes ~ I know I picked it up because of your review of a different book of hers. I still can't believe she is a she!
Haha does it? I just remember it completely sucking me in to the story, even though it was all fairly every day stuff – hope I'm remembering 🙂
🙁 about the Thief, but I didn't like it until half way through and then I did, also it made me feel smart because I guessed the twist. I loved the Queen of Attiola though, it's quote slow moving too for the first half, after the kick ass beginning.
I can not stop giggling at TYSA – so funny.
Yup, I've really got to read The Demon's Surrender. I want to know about that I missed you part!
People jumping off of things would have terrified me too, just like in that movie The Happening. GAH!
How fun! I'm getting so many good book recommendations from this list!
What fun lists!!! You know I have trouble writing swoon-worthy scenes, so I'd better get my hands on Five Flavors of Dumb, The Demon's Surrender, and What My Mother Doesn't Know! 🙂 I think I know EXACTLY what scene you're referring to in the Scariest/Most Disturbing Scene…