Monday, 9 April 2012
5 Things About March
Anyway on to bookish things.
1) I went to see The Hunger Games movie and I loved it! I thought they did a really good job and Jennifer Lawrence is amazing! Is there anyone who didn’t well up in the reaping scene when she shouts I volunteer!
2) Then I re-read the book and remembered exactly how addictive and powerful it is (and how much they cut to to get the 12 certificate, that last scene in the cornucopia is truly horrific). Even knowing the ending I stayed up till 1am reading.
3) I was very excited to hear both Elizabeth Scott and Sarah Dessen have announced new books. Miracle and The Best Ever After (whose heroine has one of my favourite names – Emmeline)
4) A Game of Thrones is back! It makes Mondays bearable, although I do have to hide behind cushions a lot. I love Jamie and Cersei as villains (I also love their story arc in the books), but my favourite character is Arya.
5) I have fallen under the spell of Sarah Addison Allen, but I have now read all her books 🙁 So recommendations please, any authors who write similar books?
6) Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner have announced a new title for their book THESE BROKEN STARS. It’s being called Titanic in space. Go add it on Goodreads
What have you been reading and watching?
Yay! You're back! I hope the box-unloading goes well.
Did I tell you that I had to leave The Hunger Games movie after the first 30 minute? I was so motion-sick! I'm a total wimp. I plan on watching it again when it comes out on DVD, but I'll take a Dramamine first! 🙂
I've been reading SO BRAVE, YOUNG, AND HANDSOME, by Leif Enger. It's a wonderful western full of shoot-outs, floods, and other things that are very outlaw-ish. I love it. I've been watching "Awake" on NBC. It has Jason Isaacs in it, so of course it's amazing! It's about a man who is in a car accident with his wife and son, and then he begins to have two different realities; one in which his son is alive, and the other in which his wife is alive. He switches realities after he wakes up in the morning. It's soooooo good.
I'm glad you're back, Alexa! 🙂