Thursday, 3 March 2011
10 Reasons why you should enter my giveaway to win The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta
I am in deep, deep love with this book. It has a place on the beloved books shelf of my bookcase. It’s a re-read every year kind of book. It’s a book that lingers.
But, in case you need a little more convincing on why this is the must read book of 2011. Here’s a handy list, because who doesn’t love a list?
1) It feels real. I swear it’s like I could get on a plane to Australia, find my way to Stani’s, and there everyone would be. That’s how you know you’re reading an outstanding book.
2) It has characters you root for, relate to, adore, and occasionally want to bash over the head with a frying pan. That’s how you know it’s real love 😉
3) You get to revisit the characters from Saving Francesca (what do you mean you haven’t read it, get thee to a book store right now!)
4) It makes you laugh, and who doesn’t like to laugh?
5) It makes you cry. Crying can be good – it’s like rain and rainbows, right?
6) It breaks your heart.
7) But then it mends it.
8) Tom 🙂 (and Francesca, Will, Tara, Georgie and Sam and Lucia)
9) It contains one of my favourite romantic lines of all time (of course it could just be me. Read it, see what you think).
10) It celebrates friends and family, in all their imperfect perfectness.
You can read my original review of The Piper’s Son here and to enter my giveaway to win The Piper’s Son go here.
love love love love LOVE this post 🙂 And I totally agree with every single one of these points, just lovely! I'll tweet about your contest! 🙂
You are CONVINCING me, Alexa! I'll read it, even if I don't win it (which I'm going to…hear that Universe?).
Adore this post! Everybody should read The Piper's Son 🙂
Awesome list! So perfect!! 🙂
And I totally agree, if you haven't read Saving Francesca you NEED to!! SO very, very good!
I love characters I want to bash over the head with a frying pan. You're right–that's how you know it's love!
Haha, the reason "Tom" with a big smile is far enough for me =p I'm totally convinced =D
Audrey Good and thanks 🙂
Kim – Excellent. You will LOVE it.
Nic- it should be required reading!
Ashley – Thanks SF is one of my favouirte books ever.
Meredith – heehee they are fun to read right?
Pisinat -Good 🙂 Yes I do have a small Tom crush. Although Will remains my fave boy of MM's so far 🙂
I love SAVING FRANCESCA. Didn't I tell you about it? Maybe? Or you told me? Or we just discovered our mutual love. Pick me, pick me, pick me!
If Kim wins (since she put in her call to the Universe first) she has to send it to me! Hahahahhahaha! Hear that Universe?